Evidence Based Resources for Aches and Pains
This resource page includes general information on back pain, concussions and stretches because people deserve credible information about injuries so they can make informed choice.
Massage Therapy, Acupuncture and Physical Activity
• The Power of Touch - Maria Konnikova
• The Social Power of Touch - Lydia Denworth
• Starting Rehab Early Can Speed Recovery From Muscle Injuries - Alex Hutchinson
• A Comprehensive Guide to the New Science of Treating Lower Back Pain - Julia Belluz
• How Meditation, Placebos And Virtual Reality Help Power 'Mind Over Body' - Jo Marchant
• Crooked - Cathryn Jakobson Ramin
• How Healing Works - Wayne Jonas
• The Brain That Changes Itself - Norman Doidge
• The Brain's Way of Healing - Norman Doidge
• Touch - David Linden
• Understanding Pain - Fernando Cervero
• Opioid-Free Pain Relief Kit - Beth Darnall
Headaches and Migraines
• Migraine Brains and Bodies - C.M. Shifflett
• Migraines: more than a headache - Elizabeth Leroux
• NIH Pain Resources
• Opioid Wisely - A campaign from the Canadian Medical Association that encourages thoughtful conversation between clinicians & patients to reduce harms associated with opioid prescribing.
• DeGroote Pain - an online resource for individuals living with neuropathic pain.
Articles - A selection of popular articles from that upend conventional wisdom about rehabilitation and pain.
• Pain really is in the mind, but not in the way you think - Lorimer Moseley
• What is pain and what is happening when we feel it? - Lorimer Moseley
• The science of pain - Benjamin Ansell
• Low Back Pain - DocMikeEvans
• Understanding Pain - Kidshealth New Zealand
• The Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Stress - DocMikeEvans
TED Talks - Videos that spark and celebrate the ideas of students around the world.
• What happens when you have a concussion? - Clifford Robbins
• The Ghost In My Brain - Clark Elliott
• Concussions and Our Kids - Robert Cantu
• How to avoid, recognize and treat concussion in sports - Kathryn Schneider
• What is traumatic brain injury? - Travis Wearne